DIPON Group, a leading and prestigious business house came into existence in 1970 with the formation of Dipon Gas Company Ltd with the specific objective of providing end-to-end solutions in oil and gas pipeline construction works. Since then, DIPON has grown manifolds, and diversified in varied fields like Engineering & Construction, Project Investment & Development, Shipping & Logistics and IT & ITES. DIPON has also ventured into the global arena and established its presence in Bangladesh, India, Singapore, Malaysia, UAE, Saudi Arabia and African Countries by opening regional or project offices.
DIPON, since its inception, has been at the forefront for the use of internationally practiced construction techniques, latest construction equipment, computer-aided techniques for design and project management. Over last 50 years, DIPON Group is known for complying with its commitments. It has completed projects for varied clients within time and budget following internationally accepted quality standards and safety practices. We, at DIPON Group, care for our commitment to our client, vendor, employees, their families and society.
DIPON Group Concerns
Core Values & Goals
- Dipon achieved casting and driving of 3,500 meters of precast piles and bored cast in situ piles of 1,200 meters in a single day at Rampal MTPP
- Dipon achieved extraordinary feat of casting almost 15,000 precast piles of more than 400,000 meters length in a single project at Rampal MTPP.
Dipon is the first Bangladeshi contractor which completed a tie-in job connecting subsea LNG pipeline with national gas grid through which import of LNG started in Bangladesh from FSRU. The project was handed over 15 days ahead of the schedule after necessary testing.
- Dipon successfully achieved the completion of the most complicated and highly challenging segment of the Maheshkhali-Anwara Gas Transmission Pipeline Project that connects the national grid with subsea LNG pipeline from zero point, Maheshkhali. The segment crossed mangrove forests and submerged areas at sea shores at Maheshkhali Island.
- Dipon is the first Bangladeshi company that has construction business in India and second Bangladeshi company having construction business in the Middle East.
- Dipon successfully achieved Zero Incident Brown Field Piling Works in the Live Bibiyana Gas Process Plant under energy giant Chevron to increase capacity of the plant from 700 MMSCFD to 1400 MMSCFD. This was a unique experience for all the stakeholders i.e., Petrobangla, Chevron, its supervision consultant Foster Wheeler and Dipon.
- Dipon was the first Bangladeshi construction firm to be engaged by Multinational giants as main contractor due to its safe working practice, policies and procedures.
- Dipon was the first Bangladeshi firm to qualify as the main contractor and successfully complete a gas-processing plant (150 mmscfd process plant at the Moulavibazar gas field) under an IOC.
- Dipon was the first to start the fleet of CNG-driven buses in Bangladesh.
- Dipon achieved successful completion of the biggest Gas Processing Plant in Bangladesh (600 mmscfd Bibiyana process plant) under Chevron which is a record till date.
- Dipon achieved successful completion of EPC services (including fabrication & installation) for all civil and electrical works of 22 nos. of CGS, TBS, DRS and Manifold Station (MS) within a single year.
- Dipon was the first Bangladeshi company to take up project of 16” dia high pressure pipeline and a 10 mmscfd capacity RMS on EPC basis.
- Dipon lead consortium became first Bangladeshi company to win a contract from GTCL under ICB (International Competitive Bidding) for construction of 24” and 20” dia, 65 km Elenga- Baghabari high pressure gas pipeline.
- Dipon was first Bangladeshi company to achieve laying of 30” dia A-B (Ashuganj-Bakhrabad) transmission pipeline in the year 1996.
- Dipon was first Bangladeshi company to achieve laying of 24” dia high transmission pipeline on the east bank of river Meghna in the year 1992
- Dipon achieved the construction of 76 Km high pressured gas pipeline within an year which is a record in a country like Bangladesh where unique challenges and surprises are there in every km of construction work.
- After a blowout at Tangratilla Gas Field, Dipon achieved successful the completion of salvage and mopping up operation without any accident or near miss in a highly risky and dangerous environment at site.
- Dipon became first Bangladeshi company explore investment in LPG Terminal facility
- One of the largest power plant with private investment for any Bangladeshi company
- First Bangladeshi company to do project investments in India
- Dipon became first Bangladeshi IT company to provide solutions for Secured Trusted Identity.
- Dipon became first Bangladeshi company to provide IT solutions in Middle East and African Countries.
- Dipon achieved feat of rolling out full banking services using biometric cards at POS network points.
- Dipon achieved an aggregate unloading rate of 1,000 MT per hour which is highest unloading rate from a barge to Jetty.
- First Bangladeshi company to established an end-to-end integrated supply chain of aggregates from “quarry to site” through its own shipping and logistics team
DIPON Group is committed to fulfill its responsibilities towards community and society. It carries out various social and educational programs through Dipon Foundation which has brought smile to many needy people in Bangladesh. Social upliftment, children education and youth empowerment are core to Dipon’s CSR policy.